Personal information is:
- Information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual;
- Objective information such as name, address, phone number;
- Subjective information such as child accident reports or how your child is doing in care.
We collect Personal Information for the following reasons:
- To enable us to contact you;
- To enable us to contact another adult if necessary in case of emergency;
- To enable us to collect payment for goods services provided from you, the City of Ottawa and other support agencies such as Children’s Integration Support Services;
- To comply with government audits;
- To comply with obligations required by the Ministry of Education, the City of Ottawa and Canada Customs and Revenue Agency;
- To identify you as a potential client and share information with you regarding our services;
- To effectively communicate with you regarding your child’s care and the programs and services offered;
- To allow us to properly assess your child’s needs and progress, and to make referrals as needed;
- To allow teaching staff to prepare and implement appropriate programs for all of the children in care;
- To ensure the children’s health and safety at all times;
- To allow us to asses our continued viability in a competitive market;
- For screening and assessing potential staff and private contractors;
- To process payments to staff and private contractors.
We will only Disclose your Personal information to third parties if required to do so by law; explicit consent is provided; or for the purposes outlined above.
You Consent to the Collection of your Personal Information when you fill out our registration forms for enrollment in one of our programs. Centrepointe Childcare Services then has access only to the personal information provided by you that is required for us to fulfill our obligations to you and to outside agencies governing our operations (ie. Ministry of Education, City of Ottawa and Canada Customs and Revenue Agency). You may withdraw your consent at any time upon reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. Please note that due to our statutory and regulatory obligations withdrawing consent may affect our ability to continue to provide you with the services you have or would like to receive.
We collect only what we are required to have in order to fulfill our obligations listed. We retain your personal information and ask for updates for as long as you are an active client and only for as long as required by law after you are no longer an active client.
Hard copies of personal information are stored in lockable cabinets and/or rooms and soft copies are protected by firewalls and passwords in the computers.
Revised March 2015