The free-of-charge Drop-in Playgroup program at 75 Hemmingwood Way is not just for babies and children. The program is equally for the parents and caregivers caring for them.
For children, the Drop-in Playgroup offers an age-appropriate play environment with:
- crafting activities;
- dramatic play;
- imagination toys;
- large muscle play area;
- circle time;
- a kitchen area for snacks; and,
- a toileting area.
For parents and caregivers, the Drop-in Playgroup offers:
- A welcoming setting where adults can share wisdom and stories on caring for children.
- Discussions with qualified Family Support Practitioners.
- An information and referral program where questions on your child’s development can be answered.
- A library that is well-stocked with magazines and parenting books you can borrow