Volunteer Posting-Centrepointe Childcare Services
Position: Governance Committee
Term: April 2018-2019 minimum or April 2018-2021 maximum
Time Commitment: 4-6 hours per month
- Board Governance experience
- Holding one of the officer positions of the Board of Directors
- Community minded
Job Description in accordance to the Governance Committee. (By-Law 2.1)
The Governance Committee:
Purpose and General Objectives
The Governance Committee is a standing committee of the Board of Directors. Striving to maintain high standards, it reviews the strategic plan, updates the Strategic Plan Action Register, addresses employment issues related to the program Directors subject to the Human Resource Policy .
- To review annually the by-laws of the Corporation, makes recommendation for any amendments to the by-laws
- To ensure attendance of the Directors at board meetings are monitored
- To ensure that the organization chart is reviewed on a regular basis;
- Involvement in the recruitment process of the Directors
- To provide interpretations and clarification of policies, procedures and practices.
Committee members are named by the Board of Directors and consist of Board members, Program Directors, Staff representatives and may include non-board members. The Committee may invite others to participate in advisory roles.
Certain meetings may be held to which staff members may not be invited due to conflict of interest i.e. when non-staff issues are discussed, or when discussion involves an individual staff member.
The Governance Committee presents a written report at each meeting of the Board of Directors which falls after any meeting or action of the Governance Committee.
Please submit your letter of intent and résumé to the Nomination Committee, Centrepointe Childcare Services, 75 Hemmingwood Way, Nepean, ON, K2G 5T6, attention Lee Stanistreet, email@example.com