Volunteer Posting-Centrepointe Childcare Services
Position: Human Resource Committee Member
Term: April 2018-2019 minimum or April 2018-2021 maximum
Time Commitment: 4-6 hours per month
- CHRP or CHRL
- Experience in Human Resources , including developing and maintaining HR policies
- Community minded with experience in Board Governance would be an asset
Committee functions in accordance to the Human Resource Committee.
The Human Resource Committee:
Purpose and General Objectives
The Human Resource Committee is a standing committee of the Board of Directors. Striving to maintain high standards, it develops and reviews human resource policies, procedures and practices.
- To formulate and recommend written human resource policies, procedures and practices to the Board of Directors;
- To ensure that human resource policies, procedures and practices are reviewed regularly;
- To ensure that the organization chart is reviewed on a regular basis;
- To deal with complaints and exceptional requests;
- To provide interpretations and clarification of human resource policies, procedures and practices.
Committee members are named by the Board of Directors and consist of Board members, Program Directors, Staff representatives and may include non-board members. The Committee may invite others to participate in advisory roles.
Certain meetings may be held to which staff members may not be invited due to conflict of interest i.e. when non-staff issues are discussed, or when discussion involves an individual staff member.
The Human Resource Committee presents a written report at each meeting of the Board of Directors which falls after any meeting or action of the Human resource Committee.
Please submit your letter of intent and résumé to the Nomination Committee, Centrepointe Childcare Services, 75 Hemmingwood Way, Nepean, ON, K2G 5T6, attention Lee Stanistreet firstname.lastname@example.org